- Posted On
01 Sep 2020
- Job Type
- Functional Area
IT-Software / Software Services
- Applied Now
Learn it Now!
Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer a quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 2,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV and Cisco.
Freshworks’ suite of products that transform the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers, include Freshdesk (Omni-channel customer support), Freshservice (IT Service Desk), Freshsales (Intuitive fully-integrated CRM), Freshmarketer (Marketing Automation Suite), Freshteam (HR Management System for growing teams), Freshchat (Modern messaging software) and Freshcaller (Cloud PBX system).
Freshworks has received numerous accolades from analysts and media including making it to Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Economic Times Startup of the Year, 2019 LinkedIn Top 25 Companies to work for in India and a listing on the Magic Quadrant for CRM Customer Engagement & IT Service Management.While Freshworks has had incredible organic growth over the last few years, the company also has made targeted acquisitions that add critical capabilities to the portfolio including Natural Language Processing, Chatbots, Machine Learning, Social and Messaging Transformation. Freshworks has raised over $400 million in capital and is funded by Accel, CapitalG, Sequoia Capital and Tiger Global Management. More information is available at www.Freshworks.com.
Freshworks seeks an experienced Director to lead a growing team of Engineers that builds and scales one of our many products. As a technical leader, you own the engineering vision and oversee the technical standards your team thrives on. In this role, you will coach and develop our promising talent and ensure their collective energy is applied effectively and efficiently to accomplish not only the organizational goals, but also their individual career goals. An accomplished record as an individual contributor and experience managing an engineering team is expected to fill these shoes.
- Own the development practices and standards for your team
- Own the technical architecture, drive engineering design and shoulder critical decisions
- Understand, prioritize and deliver the feature roadmap while chipping away at the technical debt
- Work effectively with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, developers and QA
- Own the communication of the team’s progress and perception of the team itself
- Collaborate with the Support team to keep track of and triage technical issues and track them through to resolution
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition to drive sourcing, screening, interviewing and recruitment of the right talent for your team
- Continuously improve the productivity of your team by identifying investments in technology, process and continuous delivery
- Own the morale of your team, unblock them at critical junctures, break ties in a timely manner
- Own the careers of your team members, deliver regular and timely feedback, represent your team for annual reviews and reward your performers
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in the technical field OR equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant professional work experience
- A minimum of 6 years of object-oriented software development experience as an individual
- Experience developing software in a commercial software product development
- A polyglot in programming languages with the ability to learn new technologies as the need
- 5-6 years Experience leading teams that built software products for scale
- Clear and confident spoken and written communication
If interested, forward your CV to [email protected]